Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Twilight

In the book Twilight a teenage girl named Bella moves to the dull town of Forks, where the sun never shines. There she meets a vampire named Edward, and, despite the fact that a small part of Edward wants to suck her blood, Bella falls in love with him. I personally didn’t know if I should read it because it seemed to be aimed at teen girls, but with the release of the film and pressure from friends I tried it out. I was right: it was aimed at teenage girls. Most vampire stories have a lot of action, but this book focused on the emotions of the characters which, as the story progressed, grew very tiring. Constantly the beautiful features and actions of Edward were pointed out, and, being a guy, hearing about the beauty of other guys isn’t my idea of fun. However, the story and characters are all perfect, and the details make it a wonderful book. My overall rating would probably be 7.5/10 because although it was a good book it is not a good one for me.

No comments: